Thank you very much to the following for your pledges:
A sustainable puppetry arts business is almost unheard of in this day and age. We get that. We also get that we’re lucky to have a thriving arts business. In fact, the harder we work at the art of puppetry, the luckier we get. 😉
But the current cast of cute, colourful characters are starting to get a bit antsy. They long for something more. They desperately want to talk, dance, sing and interact with more children – children in Australia and all over the world. They also yearn for some artistic freedom!
After two years in gestation, we’re excited to announce to the world that we are collaborating on a TV pilot and live performance project with Brett’s two awesome brothers:
– Todd Hansen – twice ARIA-nominated musician as drummer with global rock/metal phenomenon King Parrot.
– Dale Hansen – electronic media extraordinaire and proud father of a (growing up way too fast) one-year-old boy.
Making quality original puppetry performance art – puppet building, scripting, songwriting and dance choreography – that supports child development is super expensive. But with plenty of public support, we know we can do it!
Why? Because learning through reading, talking, dancing and singing is where it’s at. In fact, 90% of a child’s brain development happens in the first 5 years and, in the first few years of life, more than 1 million new neural connections are formed every second.
The experts at Harvard University say:
“…providing young children with a healthy environment in which to learn and grow is not only good for their development—economists have also shown that high-quality early childhood programs bring impressive returns on investment to the public.”
This means supporting Larrikin Puppets is not only wonderful for parents or carers with children, but for anyone who wants to see children across Australia and around the world experience high learning, behaviour and health outcomes.
Your support will give Larrikin Puppets the artistic freedom to:
– write, film and produce an original TV series for children focusing on joy, play, love, kindness, compassion and empathy.
– write a CD of original children’s music.
– build new original puppets, sets and props.
– create original live shows for children with themes around multiculturalism, social inclusion, the environment and kindness/anti-bullying.
But we need to raise funds for complex puppet and set builds, so your financial support is fundamental to making this happen.
Supporting Larrikin Puppets on Patreon will bring you and your kids joy, laughter and learning PLUS you’ll receive behind the scenes inside scoops into this crazy, colourful world of fuzzy puppets.
Together let’s talk, play, sing, dance and interact with fast paced puppet fun!
Feb 10 at 4:36pm